Hello Rally Fans. This is "The Plan" from RalliTEK Car #203 - Team: Heredos / Brown
From: Doug Heredos / Dan Brown,
This is my pre-event "The Plan". It's long. Print it. Read it. It will answer your questions and make the event more fun. If you have questions, send them my way. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thanks for joining us this weekend! We will also have help from the RalliTEK folks.Here's a basic agenda for all three days:
- 0700 - Recce. Recce starts.
- 1700 - 2100 Tech inspection. We will get in and out as soon as possible. Location CJ Detailing, 889 Point Brown Avenue, Ocean Shores, WA.
- 1900 - Dinner. As soon as we're done with tech inspection, let's grab some food together. I'm assuming everyone will be in town by this time.
- 0800 - Parc Expose. Cars are put on display. This will be somewhere in Ocean Shores.
- 0830 - Car #203 Service Crew Leaves. Bryce and Jessica leave to setup service in Taholah.
- 0845 - Driver's meeting. In Parc Expose area.
- 0900 - First Car out. The first car leaves for the first stage. Subsequent cars leave on 1 minute intervals. We will be approximately car 35.
- 0935- Spectators. I recommend heading to Service first, and then heading to the Taholah stage spectator area (Spectator "B" in the spectator guide) - Be there by 11:30 latest - It's 10 minutes from the service park. You will then be stuck there all day. (Note: Spectator "A" is at the Crane Creek stage- which likely will be canceled due to snow, so don't go there!)
- 0935 approx - We're out of Parc Expose.
- 1025 approx - We begin our first stage. Then...
- 1100 approx - First Service for us (20 minutes). Then... One stage, then...
- 1212 approx - 2nd Service for us (30 minutes). We will need to eat. Then... Three Stages, then...
- 1520 approx - 3rd Service for us (30 minutes). Then three stages, then...
- 1832 approx - FINISH! Finish is in the Taholah service park. We will finish. At the finish, we'll probably do a quick prep on the car for Sunday, depending on what is needed. Then we'll head back to Ocean Shores and eat dinner.
- 0700 - Parc Expose. Somewhere in Ocean Shores.
- 0745 - Driver's Meeting.
- 0800 - First Car leaves for stages.
- 0800 - Service crew leaves. Bill and Chris leave for the service area with the van. We will not return to Ocean Shores after the racing.
- 0835 - We leave for stages.
- 0900 approx - Spectators. See spectator instructions. Two choices - Brooklyn (2 runnings), or Palix (1 running). Palix is much closed to the finish, but Brooklyn probably offers better viewing. Note that Palix is only running once, despite what the spectator guide says.
- 0955 - We start the first stage. One stage, then...
- 1028 approx - First Service for us. (30 minutes). Then, four stages, then....
- 1445 approx - FINISH! Finish is in South Bend.Everyone is welcome to stay for the awards and eat at the finish party.
- The other RalliTEK car (Mark Mager / Jake Blattner, Car# 224) is not competing this weekend
- RalliTEK will have a team of unknown size roaming around. They will be putting cameras in the car, etc. Please help them out as much as possible.
- Driving Sports TV is doing a show on the rally. RalliTEK is sponsoring that, so we should expect to have their cameras around, too.
- Have fun! Do what the officials ask you to do. - We will be issuing some RalliTEK shirts at some point. Please wear them when possible. We are also representing RalliTEK this weekend.
- In service, we make it a habit of being as helpful as possible to other teams. This always pays off in the end. If someone needs something, lend it or give it.
Weather looks like 40-55°F degrees, chance of showers both days. Note that when you are spectating, it's a bit like remote camping. You're stuck there and there are no services to speak of.
- Warm coat
- Sunscreen (you never know...)
- Roll of TP.
- Durable shoes and spare shoes.
- Rain gear
- Water bottle or two
- Light snacks
- Favorite pillow or blankie
- Camp chair maybe
- Spare batteries
- "I Love RalliTEK" or “Heredos/Brown FTW” sign to hold up as we drive by
- Phone charger
- 2m radio/scanner if you have one
- CJ Detailing (Tech inspection) 889 Point Brown Avenue, Ocean Shores, WA.
- Best Western (Rally HQ and registration & our rooms) 491 Damon Road, Ocean Shores, WA - (360) 289-2311
- Service Park Day 1 "Downtown" Taholah, WA
- Service Park Day 2 Willapa and 1st Street South Bend, WA
- Spectator Instructions - Go to this link: http://www.wildwestrally.org/Olympus/2010OlympusSpectatorGuide.pdf
- Supplemental Instructions - lots of details about rally here.
RalliTEK VBlog1 Olympus Rally 2010 - The evening before the rally. Checked in to the hotel, meet the driver / co-driver
RalliTEK VBlog2 Olympus Rally 2010 — We check in with RalliTEK's vintage team of Anderson / Irvin and their 1990 Subaru Legacy.
RalliTEK VBlog3 Olympus Rally 2010 - RalliTEK's 2 entrants. Heredos / Brown in car #203. Anderson / Irvin in car #124.
RalliTEK VBlog4 Olympus Rally 2010 - Park Expose Saturday morning in Ocean Shores, WA.
RalliTEK VBlog5 Olympus Rally 2010 - Interview with Dan Brown driver of RalliTEK car#203. First stage completed.
RalliTEK VBlog6 Olympus Rally 2010 - RalliTEK car#203 runs E85 that is fermented from the waste water of Owalla juice factory.
RalliTEK VBlog7 Olympus Rally 2010 - Mud!! Servicing the cars Has additional challenges due to alot of mud from the rainy weather.
RalliTEK VBlog8 Olympus Rally 2010 - Park Expose on day 2. A tour of RalliTEK car#203.
RalliTEK VBlog9 Olympus Rally 2010 - Setback! RalliTEK Rally Team Car#203 Doug Heredos / Dan Brown find the rear glass broken out of the race car.
RalliTEK VBlog10 Olympus Rally 2010 - Start of the 'Brooklyn' Stage in Brooklyn, WA
RalliTEK VBlog11 Olympus Rally 2010 - After Brooklyn stage started the cam crew and I went for lunch at Brooklyn Tavern. We couldn't believe there was a tavern in the middle of nowhere. This is at the end of the paved road in rural Washington state. There are no cities for 50 miles!
RalliTEK VBlog12 Olympus Rally 2010 - Sean interviews RalliTEK Team Car#124 vintage team a 1990 Subaru Legacy driven by James Anderson / Billy Irvin.
RalliTEK VBlog13 Olympus Rally 2010 - Sean interviews RalliTEK's Car#203 driver/co-driver Doug Heredos and Dan Brown at the end of the rally.
DrivingSportsTV - Event highlights from Day 1 of Olympus, Round 3 of the Rally America Championship. Includes footage of Travis Pastrana, Dave Mirra, Ken Block, Antoine L'Estage, and others as they compete for rally glory on the Washington state coast.
DrivingSports TV - Exclusive coverage of the 2010 Olympus Rally -- Round 3 of the Rally America Series Championship. Features Ken Block, Travis Pastrana, Antoine L'Estage, Dave Mirra and others battling in the forests of Washington State